Installing eUTV on Amazon Firestick
Step by Step Instructions With Pictures
eUTV requires high-speed internet. WIFI, and a media streaming device in order to watch live television and movies. You can also watch eUTV while on the go on your cell phone, tablet or other media streaming devices such as an android TV Box, iPhone, Android phone or Amazon Firestick. eUTV recommends Amazon’s Firestick for your TV, since they have many benefits as a steaming device. Follow the instruction below on how to sideload the eUTV App on your device.
So we need to jailbreak your Firestick. The reason why we need to perform this step is simple. Jailbreaking a Firestick allows you to get access to the eUTV streaming app, since it’s not already installed on the stick. The Firestick’s jailbreak involves the installation of third-party applications and services that are not included in the Amazon App Store. And thankfully, it is such an easy process, anyone can do it without having any technical knowledge, just follow the steps below.
Now for the $100,000 dollar question. Is it safe and legal? Absolutely! It is safe and legal because it does not involve making any changes to the system files of the operating system of your device. It is not like hacking an Android mobile or jailbreaking iOS. You own the device and you are free to do whatever you like with it. You are simply downloading apps that do not come preloaded on your Firestick, which are already used by millions. And, it doesn’t even void the warranty of your device. In fact, Amazon itself allows you to sideload such apps.
The app from which we will install all our jailbreak apps is called Downloader and this is used to sideload apps not present on your Firestick, since you can’t download the eUTV APK directly from a browser. Sideloading just means that the app is not present in the Amazon Store.
Let’s get to it …
1. From the Firestick home-screen, click Find in the middle bar. (see picture below)
Note: If you are still using an older version Firestick, select the lens icon in the top-left corner.
PLEASE NOTE: The world of streaming these days gives us access to massive collections of high-quality content. But it’s not without its peril. Nowadays, the Internet gives us access to a huge collection of diverse content. But it isn’t without its dangers. Just as you take care of your privacy in your life outside the Internet, you should do the same online. The last thing you want is for third parties, hackers, or the Government spying on you. And, yes your ISP is collecting everything you do online! That’s why we recommend using a VPN.
2. Now click Search.
3. Start typing in download and the Downloader app will appear below. Select it in the search results and then click on Get or Download to install it on your device.
4. Click the Downloader icon on the next screen
5. Choose Download (or Get) on the window that appears next
6. Wait for the Downloader app to download and then install.
Click Open to launch the Downloader app.
Note: this is where we will come back to download the eUTV app, but for now just close this window and return to the home page of your firestick. Time to jailbreak your Firestick, yee haw!
Now click Settings (the gear icon) on the far right of the home screen.
Note: If you are still using the old version of Firestick, select the Settings tab at the top-right.
5. Click My Fire TV.
6. Next, choose Developer options.
7. First, switch ON the option ADB Debugging
8. Next, click Install unknown apps.
Note: If you are still using the old version of Firestick, click Apps from Unknown Sources and turn it ON. You can skip step 8 below.
8. Turn ON the option for Downloader.
Your Firestick is now ready, congratulations! Now you can tell all your friends you know how to jailbreak a Firestick.
9. Now, press the back button on the Amazon Fire TV remote. It will take you back to the Settings window. Let’s change a few settings in your Firestick that will help with your privacy.
Open the Preferences box.
10. Open Privacy Settings
11. Turn OFF the following options to stop sharing the usage data after you jailbreak Fire Stick in the Privacy Settings
Device Usage Data
Collect App Usage Data